Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Birth

So, I know I haven't updated this in a while so I'm playing catch up. Zoie Raquel Morales was born on January 21, 2010. On the 20th I was 10 days overdue and feeling miserable. That morning I wasn't feeling her move as much as I normally do so I called the doctor and he told me to go into triage. While I was there, they told me that she was doing fine but that my blood pressure was a bit high. They decided to admit me and we agreed to start the process of ripening my cervix with the use of Misoprostol. After 4 hours of this treatment, I was still only a centimeter dilated. So we decided to use cervidil (which is a 12 hour treatment) overnight and induce in the morning. This was at about 9pm. By midnight I was in full blown labor! This would have been fine, but Zoie's heart rate began dropping rapidly. At it's lowest it was 50 bpm! Also, my contractions were less than a minute apart. So they broke my water to better monitor the baby's heart rate. They also tried to slow my contractions with a couple shots of I don't even remember now what it was. At 3 in the morning, after 3 hours of being on my hands and knees on and off and other uncomfortable positions, we decided to have a c-section. And at 4:38am she was born! Such a crazy night, but such a happy morning! She is beautiful! We love her more than we can say!





1 comment: